I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Slime Sealant

I was thinking a way to puncture proof my tyre for commuting purpose. As I shop around in Ace Hardware, Tmn Melawati, I found guess what??? Slime Sealant, the goo that you pour into the tube. Just a few days ago I was reading www.commutebybike.com on how to pour that goo into presta valve tube. Maybe it is just a chain of event that lead to my finding of the Slime.

However, I managed to ruin two used tubes before I managed to succesfully pour the slime into the tubes and reinflated them. The furst one, with 3 puncture patches already, was ruin when I try to to reinstall the nut on the pin. I did not nip off the screw at first as I read there are others who did it without needing to nip off the top. But when I try to screww it backon, I ruin the pin until it could not fall back into the the valve. Cut the tube and collect the slime already poured inside it into its bottle. Tried to screw the nut, it's okay. Proceed to fill the slime.... halfway done...then... I lost the pin. I tried to feel for it inside the tube but could not find it. Another tube thrown away.

After that i was more carefull. Manage to install the tyres filled with Slime. I cycled to work already with the new setup. Somehow I feel rather at ease believing that my tyres now are puncture proof, well at least from small sharp objects or road debris.

Hoping to long period of not needing to change tube due to puncture now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home