I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ermmmmm.... Dirt

It appears that the construction behind the apartment where I lives has stopped. Maybe due to too many media attention surrounding this arrear nowadays, what with the landslide and all.

That means for now there is a large cleared land where I could built stuff to ride. Well, maybe if I'm still single. Now with small family, I hardly have time to ride, let alone to built stunts.

I miss those days where I was able to ride every day if I want to. I spent so much time building jumps that I myself did not jump. I was happy to see others jumping after the jumps were set.

There are many upcoming builders nowadays, but not near where I lives. Kudos to them. With their effort, freeride and downhill ride in Malaysia are slowly taking off, though there are very much to catch up with those from overseas, even those from Singapore and Indonesia. I'm not degrading our dirtlovers especially the gravity assisted riders. I'm talking based on results on the international level (for the racer) and skill level ("freeride"). No doubt there are some crazy bugger out there ripping the local trails, but there aren't many. Perhaps the junior will come up and see whats going on and up the ante. This was what happened and still happening in the States, Canada, UK, Ozzie, & Euro.

I reckon soon there will be more ripper of higher skill level locally. Some locals had started riding more overseas and get the exposure, perhaps more new riders will follow suit and develop the level of riding in Malaysia.

Go, go dirt riding in Malaysia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home