I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Sunday, February 07, 2010

New frontier

Finally, I have the courage to make a move from my current job. Just tendered my resignation on last Wednesday (3rd Feb 2010). I'll join Eon Capital on 8th March 2010. Better pay, new portfolios, different field, inferior benefit but better post. Most importantly, I'll start a new book. Fresh record and with better chance of moving up the corporate ladder.

It is not that I don't like my current job. It is challenging and entertaining and I do get personal satisfaction on completion of various tasks and projects. But after so many years carrying the extra responsibilities and tasks out of my job scopes, I felt cheated that I do not get any promotion. I was doing jobs that personnel of 2 grades higher are doing. Part wishful thinking, part foolishness. Enough is enough then.

I will miss all my colleagues and I do feel for them that they are now faced with a difficult situation to fill in the vacancy. But hey, got to think of my future too. I will miss the ease of getting up to play squash on 45th floor right after office hours. I'll definitely loose some play time after joining eoncap. But squash ain't gonna put food on my table. I'll just have to adjust the play time later. I hope my fitness won't suffer.

Finally, I pray and hope that this new job gonna be suitable for me. I thank Allah for giving me this opportunity.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home