I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Friday, January 29, 2010

End of an era..

Finally, I give up.. can't be bothered to fix it anymore and am tired of its unreliability. After so many breakdowns, emergency leaves, head ache and agony, I had to let it go. No point of spending hundreds more to keep it running just for commuting. On 16th January 2010 at around 11 p.m., on the way home from Bob's kenduri (Congrats Bob!!!) the engine just died on me. It suddenly stop without warning with only about 2 km to reach my house. The worst thing is the final 1 km is uphill. And then as if it was magic, it started and I was able to ride until about 500 metres from the house before it died again. Luckily there were good samaritans around. One guy on his scooter offered to tow the bike. It was difficult to get it moving at first due to the weight of the bike. Came to an uphill turn, we stalled. Then another bike stop to help.

The following Monday (18th Jan 2010), I got the bike check by Din of FIS Motor (in front of Dato Keramat LRT station). He is good a fixing bike. By the look of his workshop, one would think he just do "kapcais". But if you see the bike waiting to be serviced, you realise he is something. From kapcais to BMWs, he can do it all. I was told that he used to be mechanic for LTDL marshalls' bike. Anyway, after the diagnose, we found out that the electronics died. The rectifier is broken and the spare part is not available. To fix, he must modified other bikes rectifier. Coils to recharge the battery also burnt. Also, no spares available. It has to be rewound. That's it I said. Better off to get one reliable kapcai for commuting.

So I got myself a Honda 125 Wave S now. A bit small compared to the MZ. I just got to adjust the way I ride. Just like between a mountain bike and a BMX. The bigger is more stable while the smaller is twitchier. So there goes the savings plan, now that I got a new monthly commitment. Luckily, the payment for MZ just completed. Well, at least now I'll be saving on the maintenance and petrol bill. Plus, there will be less possibility of breakdown requiring emergency leave. This should be a help when I got the new job.

Ciao.. rempit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhaa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home