I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Drumming

I don't know what has got into me. It seems that I have been bitten by drum bug. It all started out of a sudden. Out of no where I just have to drum night and day. I spent a lot of free time on the web searching for drum info and searching for affordable drum sets. Any free time available is spent on drum related activities. I even took of early from work to go to music shops to look at drum sets. What has got into me!!!! Help.... Even last week when I call in sick for a day, I went for a jam session alone. Just to play the drums. Lucky it was only RM20 for the 1 hour session.

Now, if I can easily get a set I wouldn't mind it. The problem is I could not. The cheapest set I can get complete with mute pads costing RM1,500. But it is an acoustic jazz set. With me living in an apartment and the kids around all the time, I don't think it is a viable option. Which leave me with 2 options, electronic drum set or practice pad set.

In KL, I found out there are only 2 brands available; Yamaha and Roland. the cheapest set would set me back >RM3,500. On e-bay, there are a couple of options the most viable being OSP DD502 set. Costing USD469 + pp USD175, roughly RM2,500 to me.

Or the least favourable option is to get a practice pad set. It will only cost RM550. But of course, it will not feel the same at all, without any "real" drum sound. But hey, at least I can get the feel of drumming a complete set without the noise.

I have to weight the options well. The sure thing is , I can't afford either the acoustic set or the electronic set for the time being. What I have to consider is whether to purchase the practice set or save up more and longer until I can get the e-set.

Argh!!!!!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home