I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Saturday, December 16, 2006

It was gout!!!

The pain I felt a few days ago was from gout. How do I know? the next day waking up, I could step on my left foot. If it was muscle sore, I would've been gone after several days, but this got was. I called in sick for work yesterday and went for a traditional treatment since modern medicine need me to pop more pills and pain killer to stop the pain. I don't want to pop more painkillers since it will ruin my kidney.

I went for the "bekam" treatment. This is where a couple of tiny cuts are made onto the skin where the pain is, in order to draw blood. Then a suction cup is used to draw the blood out together with the acid which causes the pain.

After the treatment which took about an hour, I was able to walk without feeling any pain and today I cycled for 25 km, including a couple of km walking up a climb (too steep for me). Yet I am not feeling any pain. But of course, after this I will need to drinks lots of water to nuetralise the residual gout causing acid in my body. Normally when I got dehydrated and forgot to drink up, that is when gout came for me.

Since starting road cycling, it seems easier to get dehydrated. Maybe since while mountain biking I use a hydration bagpack. On the road only a water bottle to replenish my fluid. Need to get another bottle then.

Cao.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home