I like what I do besides my work

Basically this is my rant on things besides my work.

Name:
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia

Sunday, December 10, 2006

100 km

After 2 weeks i managed to clock 100km on my road bike. Not such a feat to boast. But for a >200 lbs guy, who just taken up cycling which include actual pedalling... it is tough.

For more than 7 years I have not been doing any real pedalling. My mountain bike is set up as a playbike, hence it is not an efficient geometry for medium or short distance cycling. It discouraged me to to use the bike for "real" cycling". Since I also suffers from gouthritis, it means I'm always off the bike as any jumping or drops hurts my ankle.

Which is why I bite the bullet and bought the roadbike. At least I won't be jumping using it. Plus, the pedalling does not hurt my ankle too much compared to jumping. So, slowly I'm getting back my fitness, and I wish it can return to the same level, if not better then 7 years ago.

Tomorrow morning might be going for another long ride. hehehe... for now my long ride is > 20 km & < 30 km...hehehe.. or I may go for a MTB downhill session at Kiara...

Cao

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home